Come Out Of Your Pot

bonzai
<br/ >

What’s happening to me?
Why are my branches being slashed back to their infant state?
Oh… these wires hurt so much. I feel as though I’m in prison.
Why can’t I express myself the way my Creator intended?
Oh no! Not my roots too!
They’re so healthy in this rich soil and now I am being stripped of my
source of life and strength. I just want to grow up and be a tree that flourishes.
I can make a difference in this world… I just know it.
Why must I be kept in this small pot?

This little tree has been constricted and trapped by the Asian art of bonsai. It’s completed form brings praise and applause for the gardener, but never does it fulfill it’s destiny. It will never become a great tree where the birds of the air can lodge and find refuge in it’s branches. Never will native fowl be satisfied with it’s delicious fruit. Never will it provide shade for a family to spread their picnic blanket under it’s canopy. Never will a contented couple gaze into the flawless blue sky beyond its towering heights. And never will a young visionary mount it’s limbs — sit atop and dream lofty dreams and talk to God. It’s destiny has been another man’s vision.

It is not so with you, beloved!

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
Jeremiah 33:3

“If God be for us, who can be against us.”
Romans 8:31

Dear Lord, Please expand my vision. Open my eyes to believe in your love for me.

This message will be continued next week. I am praying for you…Run your race!

14 Responses to Come Out Of Your Pot

1. Jeanne Doyon March 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

I love the meaning in your message, Margie. He is indeed the Master Gardener and has a plan for his branches :)

• margie houmes March 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

Dear Jeanne, Thank you for taking your time to encourage me. you are a precious jewel in my eyes and in Father’s eyes.

I have been praying for you today. God is doing something new withing you. Don’t be discouraged. I sense by the Spirit that a new wind is blowing on your ministry but more importantly on your personal walk with Him.

It is wonderful! What He is dong is wonderful!
      Love,
      Margie

2. Cyn Rogalski March 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

Looks great Margie! I pray the Lord will continue to bless the work of your hands! -cyn-

• margie houmes March 4, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

Dear Cyn,
      How dear of you to make a comment on my website. I do appreciate your encouragement. You are a blessed girl!
      Love,
      Margie

3. Gloria Ashby March 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

You new website looks marvelous,Margie! And I love your opening blog. We can do much more in life when we leave our life in God’s hands.

• margie houmes March 5, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Thank you, dear girl for your words of encouragement.

4. Vonda Skelton March 4, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

I love your new site, Margie! Wow–it’s beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done. :-)

• margie houmes March 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm #

Dear Vonda,
      You and Carolyn are dear to my heart. Thank you for you constant love and affirmation for all of us!
      I love you,
      Margie

5. Kimberly Long March 5, 2013 at 10:40 am #

Margie,

Oh how I’ve missed you, dear lady! I could see your sweet face as I read your blog and it made me miss you more. I am so thankful you have a website and I hope we can stay in touch better. I just got mine revised also and know how good it feels! Love you Dear!

• margie houmes March 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

Dear Kinberly,
      I miss you too. Your kindness has strengthened me today. Keep dancing for Jesus, your story must be told to the multitudes! Why? Because your story gives God glory!
      I love you,
      Margie

6. Janice Casey March 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

Great job, Margie! Wondering if I may be “borrowing” some ideas for our Christian school’s chapel…Love you!!!

• margie houmes March 6, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Dear Janice,
      Thank you for your encouragement! Please use anything because anything good comes from the Father of Light.
      I love you,
      Margie

7. Danie Marie March 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

Oh Margie,
    What a beautiful picture of God’s perfect care for us. While I love Bonsai trees, your analogy is powerful. Thanks for sharing with us, and this site is so you. Bright and vibrant!

Love ~ Danie

8. margie houmes March 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Dear Danie,
    Your words are so comforting. Thank you for your love. I can feel it all the way to Jackksonville, Florida.
    I love you,