The Glory

The Glory

4553-sunset glory arms up.630w.tn.jpg“If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed,

for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.”

I Peter 4:14

Fear took command of my heart as I stepped onto the property of my childhood church. I would have to face people who were talking—about me. Quickly, I walked past the circle of friends. Shame covered me and I lowered my head to escape their scrutinizing faces.  What was my offense?  I was a religious fanatic. Who were my scorners?—to my dismay, other Christians.

For several years I had treasured teaching the kindergartners in Sunday School. The new administration thought it necessary to observe my class.  They gave me a “helper” who began telling me what the children needed. She felt that the Easter story containing the account of the crucifixion was too brutal. They were too young.  I complied with her wishes allowing her to do a follow up exercise. In her opinion, this would soften the harshness of Calvary. Despite efforts to compromise, the regulation of my teaching continued.

Talking with my pastors brought no relief and the pressure mounted. The day finally came when I sadly walked away from my deep love of teaching children.

“…for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.”

In the midst of this turmoil I stumbled upon I Peter 4:14. Suddenly, I was clothed in the glory of God. The trial became sweet as He filled me with His glory, His presence and His comfort.  The next time I suffered injustice was far more grueling, but I anticipated the glory and heard Him say, “Be still. Don’t raise your voice to be heard. I will vindicate you.” The glory of God filled me again and I sang in the valley.

If you have lived any length of time, I suspect you have suffered cruel judgment by those who think they have that right. You are in good company for those who went before you endured cruel mockings for the cause of Christ. I encourage you today dear one, to lift up your head and receive solace from His promise. If you are reproached for His sake, rejoice, for the spirit of glory and of God will rest upon you.

My vision

I see His arms outstretched for you. In His hands He holds your cloak of glory.

13 Responses to The Glory

1. Carol Roper June 11, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Wonderful post, Margie! I heard a sermon the other day that said the closer we are to Christ the bolder we become for Him. You are one bold lady who loves The Lord and encourages and lifts up others! Thanks for sharing. Love you!

• admin June 18, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

Dear Carol,
      You have a wonderful pastor. I have never heard that message before. How inspiring calling us to draw ever so close! I love you!

2. Carol Weeks June 11, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Even though your name was not on the e-mail version of this, by the time I got to the end of it, I knew you were the author! Your spirit and love for the Lord always shine through whatever you’re doing. Love ya, Margie!

• admin June 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Dear Carol,

You are such an encourager. Often I read your comments left on the other blogs. It is a happy moment when I see your heart extended in love to other women. Thank you for your sweetness! Tell your husband he is a lucky man! I love you!

3. Sarah Meece June 11, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

I love your spirit, Margie! Keep spreading His glory and His light, dear sister!! Thank you for being so special.

• Robbie June 15, 2013 at 9:43 am #

Margie, The mistake your “helper” made was wanting to “change” the story–We do not change God’s Word–we change our delivery to suit our audience. I’ve been in the congregation and heard you deliver the true Easter message to young children. God gave you the delivery–the Holy Spirit was your true helper. Keep listening and keep delivering God’s true message–It saves souls and it heals broken hearts. Thank you for holding true to His Word.

• admin June 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Dear Robbie,

What a lovely reminder of our times in chapel. How rich to remember. Satan would like to take the joy from those days. Thank you for lifting my spirit! I remember your chapels also and the memory always makes me smile.
        I love you.

• admin June 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

Dear Sarah,

You are always so kind and loving. You bless me with your love and I want you to know how much I appreciate your affirmation. I love you.

4. google plus android June 19, 2014 at 4:31 am #

Thanks in favor of sharing such a good thought, article is nice, thats why i have read it entirely

• admin June 23, 2014 at 11:23 am #

Dear Victor,
      And it is all true. A for your information that church is now thriving and full of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The pastors lay hands on the sick and draw people near to Jesus in beautiful worship. Thank you for stopping by!

5. admin June 18, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

Dear Lois,
    you’re right. We are the ones who lose when we harbor ill thoughts. Only the Lord can reveal the heart of someone else and set us free to love. Yes, love with His love. Thank y9u, Louis

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. louis vuitton sac - June 18, 2013

louis vuitton sac…

We do not harbor that I couldn’t remove other individuals’ errors anytime this arrived at….