The Perfect Pie

imagesThe Perfect Pie
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28

I was pleased. The well thickened pudding was dark and chocolaty. Looking through the window of my above the counter stove, my fluffy meringue was a lovely golden brown. Even without my homemade pie crust it would still be a perfect pie. But…as I lifted it out of the oven the aluminum pie pan collapsed and folded in my hands. I screamed—I cried—and my husband came running. There was pudding on the counter and some on the floor. What a mess! Immediately, Bob knew what to do.

Margie, we’ll put this in a bowl and call it chocolate pudding pie. It’ll be better than ever!” As he found the bowl and began licking the left overs he exclaimed, “Oh, I love this. It’s so warm and yummy. God does work in mysterious ways!”

Bob was right. Everyone loved the pudding pie. It was better than ever! God can do that with your mess too. But the enemy of your soul, the enemy of your joy wants to strangle you in the past with its sorrow and regret. Recently the devil attempted to lure me into painful memories.  He mocked, “Those things will always haunt you.”

But when the perfect pie became a total mess, the Spirit spoke. Anything, yes, anything will work for good when we place it in His hands. He tells us so! Forget you own understanding and declare, “Lord, “The past is yours—not mine. I have a life to live…a work to finish before you take me home. I‘ll not be owned by the past. You have it. I’m looking at you. This is your responsibility and you always turn things for my good and for your glory. You’re God. I’m not. As your child I trust you will keep your word because I love you—and you love me!”

I am light and free today because I flung the past on my Daddy God to let Him use it for His glory.

Cast your care, beloved daughter of the Most High. You are free to let your Daddy God be God. Put aside your analysis, come as a child and rest in His love. Your confusion… your mess… He will turn it beautiful. I just know it! Rejoice!

, , ,

8 Responses to The Perfect Pie

1. Heather Watson September 3, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

Margie,
    What a great post!!! So simple but SO RIGHT and exactly what our precious Father does! I am the most delicious pudding pie today because of Him!

I love your posts and I love YOU!

• admin September 10, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Dear Heather, i love your comment! And yes you are quite delicious in your wisdom, your love, your authority in the Holy Spirit.

2. Carol Weeks September 3, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

I love this, Margie. It’s a great visual. God took what you thought was perfect and showed you that there is another kind of perfect — His! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us…

• admin September 10, 2013 at 11:42 am #

Thank you, Carol for that comment. You’re right. This is a visual and not easily forgotten. Thank you for your wisdom!

3. Dr. Michelle Bengtson September 3, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Margie, what a great example of how the things we view as messes in our lives can be reworked and repurposed for good. He can work ALL things for good. We may not understand it, for his ways are not our ways. Our job is simply to believe! Thank you for that reminder!

4. admin September 10, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Dear Michelle,
    That is great insight.He does re-work the upsets in our life and turns them for good as He places a sword in our hand. You are right on. We just have to believe and declare, “This desert will blossom as a rose.”

• Robbie September 19, 2013 at 7:00 am #

God is so good to me, and He is good to all of us. We just need to stop and listen to Him, choose to believe Him, and ask Him to help us see our messes through His eyes. He never wastes anything–even our mistakes!! Thank you, Lord, for your great love.

5. admin September 19, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

Dear Robbie,
    \That is so true. God never wastes anything. We can give our messes to Him and He turns it for good. Oh, the devil hates that. He wants us to brood over our mistakes…the past…our weaknesses!