Now–Wait

DSC00697Now—Wait

“Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!”

Psalm 27:14(NKJV)

Close your eyes, and travel back in time to the threshing floor in the Book of Ruth. You are lying under a sleeping man’s feet and the smell of fresh grain drifts in the breeze. The midnight hour is approaching and the man who can turn your world upside down is deep in sleep!

You want to awaken him or just run away. You ask yourself, “Am I a fool?” Your mind is racing, your heart is pounding, but because you have surrendered to God—you wait.

Ruth’s story

Every fiber of her being was on edge. She was waiting for Boaz to wake up and then she had to muster up the courage and ask him to honor the Levirate law and marry her. Nothing to fear—a piece of cake!

How can I lie here all night? What if he never wakes up; should I awaken him? He may sleep forever and never see me here. This is hard—waiting and not knowing the outcome! Naomi told me to lie down. That was it…just lie down. There were no further instructions. I made sure of that. Naomi understands. She is wise about the ways of God. Most of all…I know she loves me.

Ruth had done everything she was told. Now she had—to wait.

Has that happened to you? And while you waited did the tempter come, “Aw, God doesn’t care. He’s sleeping on the job. You’re a woman. Make it happen! You can’t just sit there and do nothing!”

Recently a dear girl from my church was star struck when the Lord brought a man of stellar character into her life. Yesterday she showed me her prayer of surrender.

I surrender to you, Lord Jesus my idea of what kind of man I need. You Lord, know what I need. You made me, You fashioned me in my mother’s womb. I would like a husband who is a man of God and loves you. I want the man/husband that you want for me. Thank you, Jesus. AmenI have known her man of God a good while and asked, “Well, was she worth the wait?”

He replied with a huge grin and sparkling eyes!

What’s your story? I would love to hear from you—how you waited and how God amazed you. It can be marriage, a job, anything. And know—your story will help someone else. Thank you!

, , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Now–Wait

1. admin March 18, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

I had picked out the perfect home. I loved it, dreamed it and just knew we could make it happen. It didn’t. We tried another home, far too expensive Our offer was rejected and I was upset with the Lord. But the Lord had His perfect home, one I would not have chosen, and we still are amazed at His goodness. The home the Lord gave us is far more beautiful with the most stunning view of all the others we had previously chosen!

• admin March 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm #

That was my story I shared with you. I didn’t like to wait. I thought I knew. But God!

2. Carol Roper March 18, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

Margie, I wish I knew why God has me waiting right now. I appreciate your sharing this post from Ruth’s perspective while waiting and wondering on boaz’s reaction. I can certainly relate. Hopefully He won’t wait too much longer to reveal His will in the waiting.

• admin March 18, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

Dear Carol,
      Thank you for sharing. It is hard to wait but it is only here that we draw close and see His dear face with new revelation. It is here that He fashions us and molds us as the clay that sits upon the potter’s wheel and later sits on the shelf while it dries to perfection. If used too soon the vessel will fall apart and never become what its maker intended. Well, then it goes back on the wheel which has been my experience far too often. I am learning to wait and love Him. Wait and know that He is God and in His perfect timing He will enlarge my tents. You are a gifted writer. You share from your heart and it is making a difference for me and many others. Remember this, “Eye has not seen……………..” and be comforted, surrendered to His hand. I love you! II Peter 2:20-21

• Carol Roper March 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm #

Thanks for your response, Margie. I love the part where you say “if used too soon the vessel will fall apart and never become what it’s maker intended.” Boy, do I know how to fall apart. You’re right, I don’t want to thrown back on that potter’s wheel because of my impatience. Thank you for always having such sweet words of encouragement!

• admin March 18, 2014 at 8:05 pm #

Thank you, Carol! I know you will be amazed and delighted when it is revealed why the Lord said…wait!

3. Kim Aldrich March 20, 2014 at 1:24 pm #

I am waiting on the birthing of a book that’s been burning in my heart for a long time. It’s tough to be patient – but then I realize that the gestation period can’t be rushed. I must let God nurture and grow it til it’s ALL He envisioned it to be. That’s true of each of our seasons of waiting too. Like Ruth, we must obey…and wait in faith!

• admin March 24, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

That is so true! I am learning to surrender my idea of God’s call on my life–to His plan. It must not be what I envision but what– He envisions. And your book is wonderful, Kim, and all the while you are writing and re-writing it, Father God is drawing you to Himself–making you completely His. How wonderful!