The Fatted Calf- Rejoice, He is in Your Midst

DSC00424

“i will never leave you or forsake you. Rejoice!”

“Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”

Hebrews 9:12 KJV

“I’m out of here. No more rules. No more getting up at dawn. I’m going to spread my wings. I’m going to express my person-hood. No boundaries, no laws, no judgment I’ve got to do my own thing. Let the party begin!”

A faithful father eyed the newborn calf. This one was special. He could feel it. “After this calf is weaned, set it aside for fattening. I have a reason…a good reason. I’m planning a party. I’ll let you know when the time comes. Just take care of the calf.”

The father began his day before dawn and climbed into bed long after dinner. It was harvest time and a harvest couldn’t go sour while a father pined for a lost child. How long had it been since his bright and creative son took his plunge into the real world? Too long.

But the father who watched daily for his son’s return prayed. He didn’t change the rules. He didn’t run after his son or search for him. He remained faithful to his calling, his farm, his employees and he prayed knowing his son was on his way…someday! If he didn’t know his boy was returning he would have ceased looking down the well-worn path. If he didn’t know his son would find repentance, no fatted calf would have been set aside for celebration. He was hopeful. He looked only at God. His expectancy came from trusting God’s faithfulness, God’s heart.

And the prodigal who spread his wings came to himself. The prodigal who betrayed his father’s inheritance with riotous living came to his end. The prodigal who knew so much and spit on his godly heritage came to the end of his rebellion—and turned toward home.

Keep your eye on the well-worn path, beloved daughter, and beloved son. The Almighty has provided a fatted calf for you. He has been slain from the foundation of the world. His name is Jesus. He is in your midst. Bow down and worship the One who has already been sacrificed for the sin of your dear one. It is time to feast and be fattened by the Lamb of God. It is time to get out the barbeque and delight yourselves in the goodness and faithfulness of God. And when your son, your daughter comes home—you’ll know how to celebrate—in the twinkling of an eye!

, , , , , ,

11 Responses to The Fatted Calf- Rejoice, He is in Your Midst

1. Judy and Larry April 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

Thank you Margie. That really is for us. We are so touched.

• admin April 2, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

Dear Judy and Larry,
      I am so lightened in my soul that your spirit has connected with God’s Word for you. I was thinking of people who needed this truth who were trapped in sorrow over a loved one’s departure from God. I could not wait for pining parents to rejoice and throw a party because the fatted calf is in their midst–your midst!

2. Jo April 2, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

Excellent – very timely for so many. Thanks.

• admin April 2, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

I sobbed when the Lord revealed his presence as the fatted calf– our reason to rejoice before, during, and after the victory!

3. Susan April 2, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

Wow! Very powerful. As you know dear Margie I am facing an important event in my life and it effects my whole family. I read this “word” from the Lord through you and saw my family. I am the one praying and knowing that they will be saved.. That they are on the path to salvation and I am trusting God ready to celebrate with a fatted calf being set aside on their behalf. My son is coming from Colorado, my sister is coming from Oregon and my cousin is coming from Connecticut and the Lord is in our mist. The surgeon is a christian and has scripture printed on business card. “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) Much love Susan

• admin April 2, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

Let the party begin because The Mighty One is in your midst. An amazing testimony in the making. As you are receiving a new vibrantly working heart so your family is receiving a new heart not made of stone but of flesh which is sensitive to the call of a Savior who never gives up! I love the song, “His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.”

Amazing Susan, amazing!

• Susan April 3, 2014 at 8:29 am #

Margie the Words of the Lord keep flow from you. Thanks for being ever faithful and a good friend. Love Susan

4. Janice Casey April 8, 2014 at 9:39 pm #

Thank you, Margie, for telling me to read this one. I usually read all you and the Lord share but haven’t been keeping with much with fb. Watching, waiting, praying; now need to know what fattened calf I need. Love you! Janice

• admin April 9, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Dear Sister, Jesus is the fattened calf. He is in your midst. He wants you to celebrate with Him and delight yourself in Him before you receive answers to your prayers.Kick up your heels and party with Jesus. He has already won the battle! I love you!

5. Michelle Mann April 11, 2014 at 1:48 pm #

Dear Margie, I feel so blessed to read the words God has given you for us. He is always here with us all. He has provided a path for us to follow to lead us home. He loves us so much, he just wants us to be home with him. Hallelujah!!

• admin April 15, 2014 at 11:01 am #

Dear Michelle,
      Oh, yes He does. You have captured the heart of God. And He is always in our midst. Hallelujah again!