Unless You Tarry

DSC00705Unless You Tarry

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

Matthew 11:28

“Beloved, I’m over here. Where are you going? I’ve got my cup of coffee but where are you with your tea?”

“Is that you, Lord? What do you want to talk about? I don’t have much time.”

“I’ve been waiting for you. I have much I wish to tell you. I’m jealous for your time.”

Finally allowing herself to sit down and savor her time with Father, Son and Holy Spirit, God’s daughter sips her first tea and rests—so good!

“Well, Lord, what do you want to talk about?”

“Do you realize I wait for you each morning?”

“Well, it did cross my mind from time to time. Is that what’s on your mind?”

“My child, if you never rest here and talk, really talk with me, you are going to be driven by the demands of life.”

“There is so much to do Lord. What are you saying?”

“Do you remember how I rose early to spend time with Father and how my disciples thought I should respond to the crowds that were seeking me? Men would have pulled me in countless directions but I only did what I saw Father doing. And there’s no condemnation in that.”

“Oh, Lord, the enemy always attempts to find fault in me. It takes all the joy out of living. I think that if I do everything just right then I can enjoy the day and not feel shame or guilt. Those things keep me from resting in your love.”

“Daughter, if you don’t tarry and sit down with me,  I am hindered to break the bread of my Word with you. Hence a problem arises.”

“My people perish for lack of knowledge.”

“Oh, Lord, you mean if I take the time to dialogue with you, Satan’s strangling yoke will fall off? I ‘ll be able to hear your voice, your heart?”

“Absolutely, because I operate by grace not the law. And the condemnation from hell is like TV static that blocks my voice. Beloved, please know how much I long for you to hear my voice because I love you and want nothing to separate us.”DSC00665

My sisters, if you heed this writing your life will change—radically. Get out your journal, and begin writing and asking questions. Wait and your Beloved will answer.   As you write His words, Words that line up with scripture, more will come. Shackles will fall, your strength will be renewed and you will mount up with wings as the eagles!    DSC00698

, , , , ,

8 Responses to Unless You Tarry

1. Janice Casey April 8, 2014 at 9:49 pm #

Wonderful, Margie, just wonderful; and so true! Love you! Thank you! I wish I could print these are out!! I hope you are also making a devotional with them!

• admin April 9, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

It has been a joy to journal with the Lord. This is something new He has taught me. I write my heart, my question and wait for His answer. He has turned my life around knowing He loves to be so close to me. And to think He has all the time in the world to talk with us, commune with us, face to face! Oh, don’t you love Him today?

2. Judy April 9, 2014 at 6:58 am #

Amen

• admin April 9, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

Oh yes, dear Judy! Amen to a God who loves to love us and draw us into Himself!

3. Susan April 9, 2014 at 8:23 am #

I needed to be reminded that to keep a relationship with God going, I must tarry and be still unto Him . Thanks Margie

• admin April 9, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

I feel the same way. I have to sit still and listen and know He wants to share with me. I am agitated on the inside when I fail to listen to His voice, His heart! I have always written notes to the Lord and sometimes written His reply…if I heard it. Now I write and wait for His counsel knowing that if I wait His voice will be heard. Isn’t the love of Jesus something wonderful?

4. Michelle Mann April 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

This reminder comes at the perfect time as I’m so overwhelmed with my worldly problems. Thank you for this! I find peace in God when I put a pen to paper and pour my heart out to him. It makes my faith grow stronger being in his presence. Writing to him clears my focus on him.

• admin April 15, 2014 at 10:58 am #

Dear Michelle,
      I love your thoughts. “Putting pen to paper and communing with God… brings me into focus.”I have that same feeling but you put words to it. Thank you for sharing!
      You have blessed me today!