Daddy’s Shoes

Daddy’s Shoes
“How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince’s daughter!”
Song of Solomon 7:1 (KJV)

father and child2Blonde haired, blue eyed Lucy took her father’s hand and walked with him along the river bank of their home. The sand was white and clean and the clear water lapped the shore so gently. Peace surrounded them. It was a lovely way for a seven year old school girl to begin the day.  As they walked, Lucy’s eyes focused on her father’s shoes. They were black with white tops. “Oh, I want to have shoes like Daddy’s.  I want to be just like Daddy.” It was an unusual longing for a young girl. But Lucy’s heart swelled with pride at the thought of being just like her daddy.

But how could that ever be? She was female and her father, every bit a man, was even a decorated war hero. She could never fill those shoes. But the memory of her father’s shoes always brought strength—comfort. It was a memory that never left her. It hung in the corners of her mind and remained for the most part—silent.

Until

Another lovely day came, when grown up Lucy buried her head into the lap of her heavenly Father. She had found herself here before, but this time as she surrendered her dreams—surrendered her purposes to Him—He opened her eyes to see what He saw.

The silhouetted figures of father and child walking hand in hand flashed before her and she remembered. She remembered her father’s black with white top—shoes. Instantly she saw another pair of shoes, those of her heavenly Father. And she knew— she could wear His shoes. She knew she could be just like Father. And so she put on His shoes and declared, “Father, I will walk in your shoes. I will go where you go. I will put on your garments and place my hand in yours. I‘m not afraid…because you hold my hand… because I go with You.”

Do you see your shoes, daughter of the Most High? Have you put them on?  The world in great darkness is looking for His light and dying man's dress shoewithout His love. Hesitate no longer. Put on Father’s shoes and be strengthened, be comforted. You look just like Him.  You have his eyes… so full of love! You have His heart… so full of compassion!   Oh, yes, you’re just like your Daddy

, , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Daddy’s Shoes

1. Heather Watson June 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm #

So beautiful! What a perfect post to read on this afternoon break!

• admin June 10, 2014 at 2:48 pm #

Thank you my dear Heather. What a wonderful Daddy we have. And I must add, you do have Daddy’s eyes!
      Love,
      Margie

2. Robbie June 11, 2014 at 3:39 pm #

Thank you, Margie, for reminding me that I am His own daughter, walking with Him in His light. Created from His heart–moving toward His heart. Together, moving toward the hearts of His children that they might hold His hand and walk with Him, too. That each and every one of His own children might be just like their Father. Awesome!

• admin June 18, 2014 at 10:02 am #

Dear Robbie, I love your comment. So beautiful to know that we were birthed in Father’s heart and now surrendered to His heart. That is my goal, to decrease that He might increase. Thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts. Love, Margie

• admin June 23, 2014 at 11:46 am #

Dear Robbie,
      I love your insight. And if you listen carefully to the Holy Spirit He will open your eyes to see the likeness of Father in so many who call His name sweet. Thank you for sharing your heart for God with me.
      Love,
      Margie

3. Michelle Mann June 12, 2014 at 2:07 pm #

Margie,
    I loved this message, as always. It struck memories for me as a child, I would look for ways to get my dad’s attention. I wanted to be a boy, thinking that he would love me more. I’m so grateful to God for showing me that being a female has such an important place in his kingdom in so many different ways. Thank you for sharing your beautiful reflections.
    love you and miss you,
    Michelle

• admin June 23, 2014 at 11:31 am #

Dear Michelle,
      How wonderful to know you have your Daddy’s full attention. He knows when you go out and when you come in. He is before you, behind you and beside you. He knows the number of hairs on your head and His thoughts toward you are more than the grains of sand at the seashore. (Psalm 139)
      Oh, how He loves you, His precious girl!
      Love,