And Such Were Some of You

And Such Were Some of You
“…Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Cain and Abel clip artAnd such were some of you; but you have been washed, you have been made holy, you have been given righteousness in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.”

I Cor. 6:10-11

“This isn’t right…rejected? Able brought a lamb… I brought my vegetables. My good is not good enough? I worked as hard as my brother. I brought my very best. God’s not fair! Purchase a lamb from Able? Now how would that me look? Weak I say…weak!”
Cain smoldered with resentment against God—against Able. And his loving Creator sought him out as He had once searched for Adam.

hand of God“Cain, if you obey Me you will do well. Sin crouches at your door. He seeks to drive you and ruin your life. Make your choice.”

Cain tossed the kindness of His Maker aside and as the blood of his brother murder clip artAbel soaked the ground, earth roared its cry for vengeance.

But vengeance never came. Mercy was repaid for sin. A man who deserved to die was given life. God saw the blood of a righteous man but extended mercy.
Sent from the presence of God Cain became a vagabond—a fugitive—one who never found rest. And such were some of us!

Cain’s wanderings were our wanderings. Cain’s choices were our choices. BuFaitht we found mercy at the cross of Jesus, at heaven’s mercy seat where Christ’s blood flowed freely!
In that field of blood the Son of God–saw you. While Abel’s blood flowed from his loins, Christ, whose blood speaks of better things—saw you! Oh, don’t you love Him so?
jesus the shepherdToday a loving Savior still calls from His mercy seat. Today he still longs and stretches His arms out toward a wretched earth. With mercy in every heartbeat He still cries, “Oh sinner, come home, ye who are weary—come home.”

, , , , , ,

7 Responses to And Such Were Some of You

1. Jo May 5, 2015 at 4:05 pm #

Wonderful

• admin May 5, 2015 at 4:16 pm #

Isn’t the love of Jesus something wonderful?
      I love you, Jo!

2. Irene Oesch @tea_irene May 6, 2015 at 2:54 pm #

Oh, I do love Him, I do love my Jesus! He is mercy, He is extended mercy and it is enough! It is new every morning! I will never know how much it cost, not ever. He looks me in the eye, loving, forgiving, saying: My child, only remember this, my grace is sufficient for you. Crying at His feet I am loving Him.
    Bless you Margie!

• admin May 7, 2015 at 4:14 pm #

Thank you, dear Irene, for those lovely words that stirred my heart. On another continent far away from you, I have been at His feet as well. He mercy has gone above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined! Where would I be without my Jesus? I love you!

3. Michelle Mann May 7, 2015 at 8:50 am #

Margie, I love reading your blogs first thing in the morning, what a beautiful way to start a beautiful day! Thank you for your reminders of God’s love, mercy and grace. They fill me with hope for a blessed day! What a comfort knowing I have such a loving sister in Christ.

• admin May 7, 2015 at 4:18 pm #

Blessed Michelle, Thank you for your fervor for Jesus Christ It is only due to the Lord’s kindness that we have been extended mercy where mercy was not deserved. His continual mercy is our heartbeat of hope. How beautifully you have shared the love of God today! Thank you!

4. Irene Oesch @tea_irene June 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm #

Beloved Margie, Sister in Christ. I love you so much and we will meet soon. Rest at His feet, Lord Jesus loves to have you there. Sing and dance, all your sources come from Abba Father!